What would the Summer Conference be without the generous contributions of our sponsors. Please take the time to personally thank each and every one of them.
Agile Trade Show & Event Furnishings, Inc.
Arnaudet Group, LLC
Augusta Group Management
Brede Exposition Services
Convention Services of the SW, Inc.
Cort Trade Show Furnishings
Emerald Carpets, Inc.
Exclusively Expo, Inc.
Georgia Expo Manufacturing Corp.
Georgia World Congress Center
GES Exposition Services
Hi Tech Rental & Staging
Master Touch Carpets, Inc.
National Plant & Floral Co.
Octanorm USA, Inc.
Roadway Express, Inc.
United Service Companies
Yellow Transportation, Inc.
| 2008 Summer Educational Conference |
Please note that our room block at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa will expire on May 21 and we only have 30+ rooms left right now. If you have not already done so, please make your reservations as soon as possible.
Several Sponsorship opportunities still remain, so please help us with the costs to produce this event if you can. We need your support to keep the quality of our events at the level you have come to expect.
We will be sending out information and requests for items for the Silent and Live Auctions in the near future. If you have questions or want to get a jump on it, please contact Chuck Grouzard at email@example.com. As announced earlier, part of the proceeds from the auction will benefit Madison's Wish Foundation.
All "first timers" to the Summer Educational Conference are eligible for a 50% discount off their registration fee. Please contact Mitt Arnaudet prior to May 15th at firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility.
Why Should You Exhibit at ESCA's Annual Summer Educational Conference?
There are many reasons for you to consider this great opportunity to showcase your products and services to the conference attendees:
- This is your once-a-year opportunity to showcase your products and services, in one location, to the decision makers in the exhibition services industry.
- Meet face-to-face with senior level executives responsible for purchasing your products and services!
- We will bring to you a captive buying audience during newly expanded exclusive trade show hours - which allows you the undivided attention of potential customers!
- You will have the opportunity to increase your exposure by participating in marketing programs including: your marketing materials included with registration packets, sponsorship opportunities, advertising in monthly ESCA newsletter until the Summer Educational Conference begins, the final conference program and the opportunity to make a one (1) minute presentation to the entire attendance.
- Your competition will be there!
Remember, this is the only time you will be able to see all of your current and prospective customers in one location.
ESCA Board Approves Position Paper on Freedom of Choice
The ESCA Board and Advocacy Committee recently approved publication and distribution of a position paper on Freedom of Choice as relates to in-house recommended contractors. A cover letter from ESCA President Aaron Bludworth and the Position Paper were mailed to over 1450 meeting planners in April.
| |ESCA Sponsors National Labor Management Conference with United Brotherhood of Carpenters and EACA
You can take a worker out of a construction site, but you can't take for granted that construction site behavior will always be left behind. Many cities and convention centers already have training programs for workers designed to thwart any potential crossover problems.
| |ESCA Signs on as Industry Partner for Green Event Summit
EXPO, its parent company, Red 7 Media, and three sister publications - Event Marketer, Event Design and Agenda - have announced the launch of the Green Event Summit, the first national conference bringing together executives representing every facet of the event and trade show industry to discuss, learn and share best practices for creating eco-friendly meetings and events. The Green Event Summit will take place at the Sheraton Palace Hotel in San Francisco, June 12-13, 2008.
| |ESCA to Produce First ETCP Rigging Certification Class in San Francisco, May 19-22
ESCA is producing three ETCP Rigging Certification Classes and Examinations in 2008. The classes/exams will be held in the Moscone Center May 19-22, Dallas Convention Center July 11-14 and the Georgia World Congress Center July 28-31. These classes are being made possible through sponsorship from Freeman and the hosting of ESCA member facilities DCC, GWCC and IUPAT. Arrangements and sponsorship of the first program have been made by ESCA board member Bob Lessin with IUPAT District Council 36, Local 831. If you are interested in attending the San Francisco program, please contact Bob Lessin at Bob.Lessin@dc36.org. Registration information for the July programs will be distributed shortly.
Trade Show Executive Magazine's Who's Who Among General & Specialty Contractors
In the May issue of Trade Show Executive magazine there is a pull-out section on service contractors. ESCA is pleased to note that numerous ESCA member company top executives are on the cover of the publication.
|All Three Buildings of The Georgia World Congress Center Are Open |
All three buildings of the Georgia World Congress Center are officially opened this week after just 42 days of construction following the tornado of March 14. Over 15,000 attendees are currently on campus for the Distributive Clubs of America (DECA) International Career Development Conference.
| |Trade Show Executive to Launch Award Gala & Summit to Honor the Nation's Top Trade Shows A unique event debuting this Fall will salute the leading trade shows in the U.S. and offer the media a rare opportunity to learn more about our $85 billion industry.
Trade Show Executive's Gold 100 Award Gala & Summit will honor the producers of the 100 largest trade shows in the nation as ranked by net square feet of exhibit space. Ten organizers will also receive Grand Awards in categories ranging from "The Show with the Highest Economic Impact" to "The Top Brand."
ESCA is proud to be a sponsoring organization of this inaugural event.
CEIR Index: Trade Shows Post Respectable Growth of 3.2% in 2007
The average trade show grew 3.2% in 2007, according to the CEIR Index, released on April 7 by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research at the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) CEO Summit. Growth statistics were off from a high of 5.8% in 2005 but up significantly from 2002 when trade shows contracted 2.9%
TSEA Membership Woes Force Layoffs
The Trade Show Exhibitors Association (TSEA) laid off three of its five staff members recently, however, the association's president said its activities would not be curtailed.
Stephen Schuldenfrei, president of the TSEA, declined to comment on the exact reason for the downsizing; however, he said that cost-cutting, due to the lack of growth in the membership rolls, was a factor. He told Trade Show Executive, 'We are going to operate with all of the services we have had. We are just going to have to do it more effectively.
| |Corbin's May/June 2008 TechTalk Newsletter
In This Issue:
- The Speaker-Audience Balance Is Shifting
- Using Technology to Green Meetings - A Case Study
- Lead Retrieval Trends for Tradeshows
- 27 Web Favorites for Business and Fun
- Quotes of the Month
- Recent Articles With 'Quotes From Corbin"
| |Greenwald's Employment Law Newsletter
In This Issue:
- Is obesity a disabling impairment under the ADA?
- Definitions key in determining FMLA eligibility
- Internal affairs - Don't leave your business open to disparate-treatment charges
- Harassers needn't know victim's actual national origin
- Involving the police held to be protected conduct
| The SESCO Report |
In This Issue:
- Wage and Hour Compliance Not an Issue - Think Again!
- Altering Time Sheets Can Mean Personal Liability for Managers
- You May be Liable for Accidents if Employees Do Business by Cell Phone
- Create a Hiring "Checklist;" Lax Process Will Cost You
- Document 'I Quit" Words to Avoid Unemployment Claims
- Job Descriptions: How to Make Them Lawsuit-Proof
Thank you for your continued support of ESCA!
Member Services Director